Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stop whining already

Now that I got those gripes down on virtual paper for all to see, I'm ready, I think to move on. Not much is happening.  We are easing into a routine that includes three mornings a week at pre-school for Max and one morning where we go to a swimming lesson and have lunch out afterwards with his little pals and their mums.  I'll be having Japanese lessons twice a week for an hour.  

Rich and I have found out that you really do have to plan WAY in advance to travel in Japan. We got stuck trying to get lodging in Kyoto the second week of October. Literally the whole city appears to be booked.  We are now worried about planning our winter/New Year's holiday. We may end up in Yokahama if we don't move quickly.  (That is like living in Manhattan and going on vacation in Jersey City.)  Ok, not exactly, Yokohama is a city in of itself.  Baltimore maybe? Ok, this comparison is going nowhere...

I've caught up with most of my friends at this point and it does feel good to be back in our apartment.  The plants, of course, died while we were away.  (Rich forgot to find homes for them.)  I guess it's a good thing we didn't get a fish. 



No comments: