Friday, October 3, 2008

For the love of cows and other phrases

Friday, October 3, 2008
"Milk come hole over there."  Does this qualify as a sentence?  Or is it just a sign of Max's intense love affair with cow milk.  This series of words was uttered with excitement on Friday. He leaped up from his 8th cup of milk of the day and ran to his table of farm animals, grabbed the cow, darted back to me and pointed to the udder and uttered his pronouncement.  I am so proud.  

Saturday, October 4, 2008
"Taiga come over play bedroom".  Taiga is his little friend who came over to play.  Max said this before he went to bed, as we sat together and reviewed the day.  

Another thing that is really cute is that when we read the "hedgehog book" (incidentally given to me by my Nannu in 1977) and the book ends where 10 hedgehogs are tucked into their little beds, he jumps up from my lap or the potty seat (where he likes to sit while we read books), runs to his bed and grabs his bed in an excited embrace and says "Mac wooden bed".  Yes, I assure him, you have a wooden bed.  This kind of thing is happening a lot.  It's like that scene from the Miracle Worker when Helen Keller finally understands sign language.  


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I keep waiting for Kiddle's Helen Keller moment! Although my neighbor swears she heard/understood him say, "Katie, do you hear the sound of the plane?" the other day. Riiight, Katie.

Apuch said...

So nice. Now I am feeling like I might have to start a new personal blog for my Amy, Boys and Isabella. The thought of having yet another blog to make posts for is a bit daunting but this is a nice way to collect history in journal form.

Do you think that you will continue your blog after you return to the States Heather?