Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween I


It's been a full week of Halloween fun here in Tokyo.  We started things off with a parade on Saturday the 25th.  I was amazed at the turn-out at the arena in Roppongi Hills.  Mobs of people were there.  And from what I understand, Halloween is a relatively newly adopted holiday in Japan.  

I had been working for a while on putting together a Mickey costume for Max as he loves Mickey and Donald and the gang.  His favorite TV show is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse which we get on the Disney Channel.  He wakes up every morning and says "watch mickey!"

So I put together a costume and Max actually wore it at the parade.  Our good friend Fumie joined us with her daughter Tamano who I decided was a pumpkin princess. 

Here are some pics of the day.  More to come, hopefully from Max's school parade on Halloween Day.

Johnny D. waves hello

Very tall Japanese man

The band

Very odd onlooker

Post-parade meltdown: No, it's MY TRAIN!

1 comment:

Rachel G. said...

Max makes an adorable Mickey!