Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dinner conversation

Heather: Max, sit down in your chair on your bum or your knees.
Max: (coyly) I like you.
Heather: Please sit down, Max.
Max: (leaning out of his chair and attempting to nuzzle me with his head) I love you.
Heather: Max, you need to sit down and have one more bite of spaghetti.
Max: You're cute.

Has this sort of conversation happened to anyone else out there?  When you start to scold your child they counter with "l love yous"?  This back and forth gets repeated often these days.  Like when I am hell-bent on having Max take off his own shoes when he comes into the house - rather than lying down and sticking his feet in the air in my direction.  

That being said, the potty-training is going ok.  Of course he is endlessly amused by strutting around and making psssssing sounds throughout the day.  He also does this funny straddle the toilet seat thing that they must have taught him in pre-school.  He literally leans toward the toilet and grips the seat and balances over it.  But we'll get there.

3 comments:

Reba said...

He must be having secret Skype conversations with Colin re: Torturing Your Mother 101.

Heather said...

I swear to god, he reminds me of Colin more and more. He's got a similar silly streak.

Anonymous said...

me: THOMAS!! (aimed at whatever he's doing that he's not supposed to be doing)
Thomas, hugging me around the knees: Awwwww!

So, yes.