Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Max milestones

I think I'll take a cue from Kelly (giving you a plug there, girlfriend) and start doing a better job recording some Max milestones.  And I'll try to be more disciplined about making entries more regularly.  

To be honest, the start of this year has been pretty miserable for me.  I've been sick a good deal of January and February, Rich was sick and Max has had recurrent colds.  So we've been home a lot listening to Max expand his vocabulary and play more imaginatively by himself.  Lately, he is enjoying playing with a die-cast model combine harvester, reading and re-reading Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry, and of course, playing with his trains where one of them inevitably falls into a "muddy ditch".  He also likes to play "Where's my Mommy/Where's my Baby?" with his toy animals.  We have a cow and calf and pig and piglets so you get the picture.  

He continues to be a very picky and light eater.  He subsists on milk, brown rice, pasta, peanut butter, corn bread, macaroni and cheese, dry cereal, bananas, apples, cheese toast, z bars, an occasional yogurt or waffle. He will sporadically eat couscous or quinoa - if nothing else is visible in it.  He is nuts about chocolate, rarely turns down a cookie, likes strawberry ice cream and oddly, his favorite cheese is parmigian, which he eats by the chunk.

Red is his favorite color.  He has unfortunately learned to say "dammit" (this is my fault).  And we can thank Grandpa Joe for a new word - "Jeeeeesus" - which he boisterously repeated after a skype call.  On the sweeter side, Max will tell you "I live Tokyo 1010!" and is all about "love" these days.  He "wuvs" his parents, his carses, truckses, cowses, chocolate milk, ice cream, candy and dessert.  He loves older kids, especially boys and likes to play in a small patch of wooded area in our neighborhood park - that he calls the "jungle".  


 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props, chica!

And you're a better mom than me. We've been stuck in the house forever, but Thomas is going to turn into a TV instead.

Carrie said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Great details and I almost feel like I am experiencing Max through reading this.