Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hakuhinkan Toy Park
















Toy stores.  Max and I went to one of the bigger ones here in Tokyo on Tuesday.  I was shopping for a train set for him and lucked out because lo and behold, the 4th floor of Hakuhinkan had a huge Brio display and set-up.  Brio is one of theolder companies (Swedish) that makes the wooden train tracks that you piece together like a puzzle.  The small trains attach together like magnets.  

I opted to spend more money on the Brio set after reading about lead paint findings in certain Thomas trains.  

Max was in heaven and played for a good 45 minutes (it seemed like more) while I picked out a set for him and checked out some other toys in the vicinity.  

We also had a good time with the stuffed animals and at the "arcade" area.  Does anyone remember those weird Monchici monkeys from the 80s?  Well, they had a ton of them.  

Creepy.





3 comments:

The Kasdan Family said...

Hey Guys,

Still reading the blog; loved The Office post. Have you seen the recent Saturday Night Live "The Office" (Japan) spoof; hilariously dead-on, especially for those of us who have experienced office life in Japan.

Hope all is well and Max is feeling better these days!

Apuch said...

Just figuring out my Reader thing and finally got your blog set up on it so I see you have been writing a good deal. Toy stores in Japan? I am jealous :-). Are the ugly dolls big there? What about the Dunny craze? I will get to the other blogs and try to write more as well as have Amy read and respond more from my reader link.

Heather said...

John, Haven't noticed the ugly dolls, which I know are big faves of yours. So glad to hear from you and Amy!