Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oops, he found the birthday present

So I was making dinner and Max was playing in his room (or so I thought).  Anyhow, suddenly I realized it was way too quiet so I went down the hall to check out what the boy was up to.  Not to be found in his own room, I poked my head in my bedroom and there he was on my bed with bits of wrapping paper surrounding him engrossed in his lovely birthday gifts from Aunt Allison, Uncle Don and Colin.  The look in his eyes when he saw me in the doorway was priceless.   A combination of guilt and glee.  


By the way, thanks for the book about poop.

3 comments:

Reba said...

I hope Rich enjoys the book also....

Mum on the Run said...

I have a feeling this is merely the beginning of the boy's cleverness. I love how he was being so quiet.

Apuch said...

Drat, a book about poop, that is an opportunity I missed. Grrrrrr :-). Happy Birthday Max! Sorry we missed it. I found all of your posts last night when I figured out how to subscribe properly on my Reader page instead of in bookmarks which I am horrible about getting back to.
We have been the busiest ever at work and the ongoing saga of Isabella continues. PGN in Guatemala had issues with our finances as well as our marriage license. They are just making us jump through hoops. Our agency representative is down there now so we are awaiting word of any progress. Still hopeful. Amy and I are in Cape May now celebrating Father's Day and her upcoming BDay. We are at the Virginia Hotel and enjoying our two day trip. My boys got me a three photo wooden photo frame to hang on the wall with a photo each of them and one empty space for Isabella which was very nice since it was the first real thoughtful gift in a long time.